Looking for a solid career?
APX Construction is expanding and has exciting career opportunities available.
We are currently seeking the following positions:
This describes the core job duties of “steel erector” occupation.
Main roles / Employee tasks:
1) Performs any combination of following duties to raise, place, and unite girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures or structure frameworks, working as member of team.
2) Sets up hoisting equipment for raising placing structural-steel members.
3) Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable, or rope.
4) Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift place steel member.
5) Guides member, using tab line rope or rides on member in order to guide it into position.
6) Pulls, pushes, or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
7) Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
8) Aligns rivet holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by driving drift pins or handle of wrench through holes.
9) Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob level.
10) Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently riveted, bolted, or welded in place.
12) Installs metal wall sheathing and roof panels.
13) Cuts welds steel members to make alterations, using oxyacetylene welding equipment.
14) Rivets trim and accessory items to the roof and wall panels.
Construction Project Superintendent
Title: Project Superintendent
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, but does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time for reasonable accommodation or any other reason.
APX requires a dynamic Project Superintendent to ensure quality and cost controls on each project, while ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client’s needs, through direction of daily operations on your projects, including responsibility for overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects, and through:
Leading the project team through construction:
Successfully closing out projects:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Drives Business Results
Champions Customer Service
Build for the Future